Test Technician - Entry Level
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
This is a full-time role, based in Iroquois, working within a Direct Production or Production Support role. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Configuration and Test
- Configure systems to meet sales order criteria, or other configuration documentation.
- Create data records which associate product serial numbers to their parent sales order.
- Configuring, assemble and test product to meet sales order requirements.
- System-level debug if the product does not perform as expected.
- Determine whether failures are product or infrastructure related and react accordingly. If problem exists at the circuit-board level product is to be debugged at that level or passed on to another department for analysis and repair.
- Perform assembly on circuit-boards and/or mechanical assemblies.
- Identify products failing test procedure/configuration specifications and route product accordingly, both physically and in the routing system.
- Perform other related duties as required.
WHO YOU ARE
- Teamwork and communication skills are essential. Coordination of efforts to get quality product shipped on time is a facet of your daily experience.
- Attention to detail and good organization are critical assets. You are the last person to ensure the quality of our products before it reaches our customers.
- Ability to deal with tight timelines and a high rate of change.
WHAT YOU KNOW
- Advanced PC/Windows computer skills are required
- Knowledge of other operating systems is an asset (i.e. Linux)
- Experience with computer networking is required
- General mechanical aptitude is required
- Knowledge of electronics and ability to read schematic and layout diagrams is an asset.
- Manufacturing experience is an asset, specifically with change control at both the customer order and product specification levels.