Senior Test Development Technologist
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
With the emphasis on automation, the successful candidate will work collaboratively to create and develop test plans and suites for products from the PCBA to the system level. These suites are deployed to the various test stages within the manufacturing facility for product verification, configuration, and data collection. Reporting to the Test Development Manager, this position is located at our Manufacturing and Test facility in Iroquois, ON.
WHO YOU ARE
- You enjoy new technical challenges and are excited at the prospect of using your strong programming skills to automate tests in various Ross Video products, applying innovative automation approaches that will have a direct impact on production efficiency and product quality.
- You embrace change. Ross is where you want to be. We release new products and features regularly.
- You are passionate about testing and developing tests with automated tools, with a focus on thoroughness and efficiency, to ensure a superior customer experience upon receipt.
- You like people. For you to get the job done right, interaction with all levels of the organization is paramount and expected. You seek guidance and knowledge from some while supporting others who need your help or advice.
- You love learning new stuff. You know how to ask questions - and how to listen to answers (taking constructive criticism). You absorb knowledge like a sponge and share these discoveries.
WHAT YOU KNOW, WHAT YOU BRING
- Post-Secondary Education in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years in test automation development.
- Proficient in electronic theory and applications, with emphasis on digital components such as CPU, FPGA, flash, etc..
- Strong understanding of JTAG technologies (IEEE 1149.1, 1149.6 ..) along with associated development tool.
- Experience with scripting and programming languages (ie: AutoIt, TCL, Java, C, C++).
- Experience with Linux.
- High initiative and well developed analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Ability to cope with varying levels of support and documentation