Vice President, Infrastructure Business Line
Ross Video is a rapidly expanding broadcast and production industry technology and services provider with a global scope of operations.
The infrastructure product line, comprised of signal processing, connectivity/routing, and IP solutions, is a critical component to the ongoing success of the organization.
This is a hybrid business/technical position reporting to the Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning
- Work closely with the senior executive team to ensure that product line objectives are aligned with company objectives and strategies.
- Participate with other senior leaders in formulating and administering company policies and developing long range goals and objectives.
- Ensure alignment of market trends (marketing) and technology trends (R&D).
- Work closely with other Product Family Vice Presidents in leveraging the reuse of technology and creating roadmaps for compelling cross-family solutions.
Business & Sales
- Work with the Infrastructure marketing and sales teams to develop and execute annual sales targets and execution strategies.
- Drive to achieve and exceed forecasted sales, gross margin, cash flow and profitability targets for the Infrastructure product line.
- Provide regular product line performance updates to the senior executive team.
- Set objectives and formulate strategies and tactics for managing departmental budgets.
- Ensure that regular product forecast updates to manufacturing are executed and review inventory levels to ensure appropriate cash flow is maintained.
- Train the sales team and our channel partners so that they can efficiently craft customer solutions and effectively sell products.
- Advise and assist Ross sales staff and channel partners in the sales of Infrastructure products.
- Build relationships with end users by calling on customer facilities directly to promote Ross products and services.
- Deliver sales presentations to end users and business partners.
- Assist in the preparation of tender responses for Infrastructure opportunities.
- Where applicable, assist in the negotiation and closing of sales.
Marketing & Competitive
- Oversee the development and execution of all Marketing activities for the Infrastructure product line, working closely with our Core Marketing Group.
- Work with the Infrastructure marketing team to develop and deliver continuous sales and dealer channel training and development.
- Manage marketing and time to market with R&D development realities.
- Ensure the sales and marketing of the product line follows the Ross Video Code of Ethics.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition.
- Gather and analyze market and competitive information.
- Review articles in trade publications to keep abreast of technological developments in types of professional equipment merchandised.
- Identify and develop new market applications and partnerships.
- Perform market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Work with OEM/VAR partners in developing new market opportunities.
R&D & Technology
- Oversee the execution of all R&D activities within the Infrastructure product line.
- Stay on top of relevant technology trends and techniques that can be harnessed to create breakthrough solutions.
- Develop key technology partnerships.
- Oversee our involvement in certain industry organizations, plug-fests and standards efforts.
- Inspire the Infrastructure Team to be creative, push hard and achieve breakthrough results.
- Lead, guide and develop teams that will ensure Ross Video is the leading supplier of signal processing, connectivity and IP solutions.
- Ensure that both short term tactical plans and longer term strategic plans are developed, communicated and executed.
- Continue to build and structure an effective Infrastructure organization.
- Work closely with HR and your managers to recruit, train and develop talented staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field.
- MBA or working towards MBA or equivalent business marketing, strategy & business planning courses
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior product line management role
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the broadcast industry
- Proven ability to collaborate, influence and execute plans
- Strong demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Innovative thinker with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Proven track record for generating results