Java Software Developer
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Work with R&D developers in the design, development, debugging and testing of software coding as per the specifications and guidelines.
- Become an expert in Ross Video products. This expertise will be gained through a review of the current documentation, direct contact with the product itself and working with the technical personnel.
- Advise and make recommendations to management on matters relating to software development, in order to provide them with an improved basis for decision making and planning.
- Customer contact as required in a professional manner
- Respond to internal issues regarding software as assigned.
- Lead or assist in the delivery of training courses to existing and potential customers, and other staff members when required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Strong Java skills (essential)
- Experience developing multi-threaded enterprise level applications for a Windows environment
- Experience with TCP/IP Networking
- Knowledge of Java Desktop/Swing development
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming paradigms
- Knowledge of WebSockets
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering or Computer Science or in a related area with appropriate experience.
- Knowledge of television production would be very useful.
- Strong interpersonal and observational skills.
- Organized and very detail orientated.
- Self-starter, quick learner and are able to work with minimum supervision in meeting schedules and project deadlines.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
Previous experience working in a development group is an asset.
- Office Environment
- Office, Moderate Noise