Sports Solutions Specialist, Global
The Sport Solutions Specialist will be a part of Sports and Live Entertainment vertical market team at Ross - in its initiative to increase sales of Ross Video technology in theses market spaces. This key role with the Global Sales organization requires a unique blend of engineering / solutions architecture, customer facing “soft skills”, and post-sale project management skills. This is a diverse role that reports directly to the Director of Sports & Live Events as well as frequent interaction with the company’s prospects, partners, Product Marketing, and Technical Support teams to ensure that solutions specified can also be supported. This unique position will include, but is not limited to, the following duties:
- Participates and contributes to sales opportunities driven by the Director of Sports & Live Events and Regional Sales Managers, prioritizing efforts based on maximizing total impact on the team’s productivity.
- Pre and post sale sports venue project management.
- Scopes technical solutions to address customer requirements, assess customers met and unmet needs, and recommend solutions that optimize value for both the customer and Ross Video.
- Coordinates closely with Ross’ internal Sales team and business partners to align solutions designed to meet customers’ business requirements.
- Generates localized sales tools on various mediums for internal and external distribution (PowerPoint’s, Application Notes, Competitive Guides, etc.).
- Engages in customer facing product presentations, demos, training, and workflow guidance to end-users and business partners at customer premise or tradeshows.
- Ensures the Sales and Marketing of product line follows the Ross Video Code of Ethics.
- Works on systems oriented and highly technical projects.
- Creates drawings that capture the spirit of specific opportunities, while also creating general variations for use by other groups at Ross
- Helps to prepare world-class customer facing proposal supplements.
- Manages proposals for large RFPs.
- Post sale project management.
- Acts as a “Technical Evangelist” to help build trust and inspiration with our partners and customers.
- Provides client feedback to Marketing Product Manager(s) on product & application requirements.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Four year College degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years of combined sales, sales engineering, systems application, product specialist, or end user experience.
- Record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a customer facing environment.
- Understanding of the Sports Venue Production Control Room, and Live Venue Display workflows.
- Poses strong knowledge of industry standard protocols, connectors and terminations.
- Working knowledge of Graphics systems, Sports Data feeds, Playback Servers, Production Switchers, Scalers, Routers, Device Control protocols, and the roles they play in various applications.
- Advanced skill set using Visio as well as AutoCad Architect.
- Excellent Communication & Presentation Skills.
- Able to work co-operatively with and across all company departments.
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Possesses strong and creative problem solving traits.
- Existing knowledge and use of Ross Video products (preferred).
- Experience working with CRM’s.
- Positive, Determined, Problem Solver
- Deadline driven
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to schedule duties/projects (multi-task)
- Ability to work well independently
- Attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Desire to contribute to a team environment
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Willing to Travel up to 60% of the time (North America)
- Must live within 75 miles of major airport
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driver’s License & a clear driving record
- Travel to annual NAB, IDEA, SVG, and other sports related trade shows (if required)
- Attend Sales Meetings (if required)