ROSS VIDEO THRIVES IN LIVE PRODUCTION, AND WE NEED YOUR HELP
We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results. If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible.
If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, intelligence, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
WHAT'S IN THE JOB?
Be part of a cross-functional team that is designing, developing and building distributed, scalable and highly available applications, tools and services that tie together live video production technology across multiple locations. We are building software that will revolutionize the industry by leveraging a move to video over IP, distributed architecture and cloud-based infrastructure. As part of this, we need a CI/CD pipeline that leverages tools to help the team deliver quality software continuously and a well-engineered automated testing approach that ensures all software components provide a reliable, user-friendly and performant experience for our customers. For this role we are seeking someone with an in-depth understanding of the DevOps tool chain and who has a desire to learn how all our products work together in a live video production environment.
- Champion DevOps best practices and ensure that our CI/CD pipeline leverages the best tools to ensure quality maintainable code, automated test coverage and monitoring
- Develop integration tests in collaboration with other product teams to ensure interoperability and a smooth end-to-end workflow for end-users
- Support ongoing software development efforts which means participating in the full SDLC – requirements gathering, scoping, design, implementation, documentation, testing and maintenance
- Write code across the full stack – UI, back end services and database
- Provide design reviews and code reviews for fellow team members promoting high-quality work, sound software methodologies and attention to detail
- Good understanding of testing at scale, performance and software reliability
- Applied knowledge of one or more scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby, Tcl
- Knowledge of modern test automation tools such as Selenium, JUnit and JMeter
- Desire and ability to reach out to other teams, visit customers and learn how software is used in a live video production environment
- Ability to function in both Windows and Linux environments
- Preferred qualifications:
- Experience with live video production technology – if you have directed a live event, worked with a production switcher, operated a television camera or been on TV as a news anchor, consider it a bonus – but it is not a requirement for this role
- Experience developing automated tests in a distributed environment
- Experience utilizing tools and scripts to test and optimize performance
- Experience with microservices and distributed, horizontally scalable services
- Containers – Docker, Rkt
- Container orchestration – Docker Swarm, Apache Mesos, Kubernetes
- Configuration management – Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack
- Platform as code –Terraform, Juju Charms
- Cloud platforms – AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience with DevOps tools including Elastic Stack, Prometheus, Grafana
- Experience with OpenStack and VMWare
- Strong understanding of the Linux CLI and associated utilities (grep, sed, awk, etc.)
- Ability and desire to travel – not a requirement for this role but the opportunity will present itself if you enjoy interacting with and learning from your end-users as a product expert
WE'RE GROWING FAST
That means we are always looking for better ways to adapt our work environment and processes to meet the high demands of our customers. Our roles morph, we volunteer for extra tasks, we all care a lot about helping good things happen. If you don't like change, you’re in the wrong place. But if you do, then you can be part of an incredible journey.
WHY WORK FOR ROSS VIDEO?
Because we can help you flourish. You will get to develop and deliver cutting edge technological solutions for the entertainment industry. You will be part of the Ross Video team working together to make that happen, and we find that a pretty energizing environment to be a part of.
We value our people and listen to their feedback. We also offer great perks, flexible hours, free coffee and soft drinks (and a commercial espresso machine for when you need that extra jolt), team building events, BBQ's, and other fun activities. You'll also get to work on real-world projects that have a meaningful impact to our customers and are in use all over the world, every day.
Ottawa, Canada. It's the Nation’s Capital with the longest skating rink (the Rideau Canal) in the winter, waterways in the summer, and hills for skiing and hiking 30 minutes from the office. Ottawa posts vibrant urban neighbourhoods, as well as numerous recreational possibilities.
IN A NUTSHELL
Do you have integrity, intelligence, and a drive to get results? Then Ross is the place for you, and we'd like to hear from you.
Even if we are not presently listing a suitable position, you should still get in touch. We love hearing from game changers with a growth mindset.
Make sure you understand what Ross Video is about, and then click on "Apply Now" below. Be sure to include a bit about you and your interests.