Returned Materials Technician
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Reporting to the Test Development Manager, this position is located in Iroquois. Using information from customer-facing processes, your role is to assess, analyze and initiate repair on return cases while recording data which becomes the backbone of information to enact improvements at all levels of the organization. You will follow prescribed processes for data collection and product reclamation while having the latitude working with the Manager to create test plans to best confirm customer complaints, and start our understanding of the real root causes of problems. The department will work directly with the varied Ross stakeholders to maximize data effectiveness for both inbound and outbound activity, with the mindset that accurate data provides appropriate and targeted feedback which allows for optimum results.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- Process RMAs using established processes and procedures while faithfully trying to reproduce the customer complaint.
- Identify and record issues to the root cause
- Interact with various Ross departments to gather detail case information and product details with regards to operation, design, and test.
- Interact with Tech Support techs for additional customer feedback
- When needed, interact with R&D and Test Development regarding current PV regiment and test plans.
- In depth understanding and accurate execution of RMA processes and tools
- Due diligence in ensuring product identification at all levels are accurate and representative.
- Provide RMA feedback through an approved reporting mechanism.
- Assist RMA Coordinators in identifying incoming product
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as required
- Broadcast equipment operation (see Ross portfolio for examples)
- Strong understanding of video/audio test equipment along with industry standards (ie: SMPTE).
- Network configuration experience
- Electro-mechanical test, configuration and debug.
- Server architecture and software
- 3+ years as a Test Technician, Technical Support Specialist or PV Specialist (Ross Video positions) or other related positions within Ross
- Proficiency at system level troubleshooting and debug.
- A comprehension of Ross Video’s portfolio.
- Strong understanding of product identification, revision, lifecycle and structure at all levels.
- Experience working with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- A University degree or College diploma which complements the knowledge set required or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about technology and energized by the challenge of learning new things.
- Able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Dedicated to recreating customer issues with fiscal balance in mind.
- Well-organized, very detail oriented with a critical mindset and able to work on multiple projects.
- Works diplomatically and effectively with staff, at all levels of the organization.
- Approachable and excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- High initiative and well developed analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work with a team as well as independently.
- Strong interpersonal and observational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Self-starter, quick learner and are able to work with minimum supervision while meeting the department’s objectives.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle for occasional travel to Ottawa location
- Current Passport
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs (large panels/frames/robots (with help))
Office, Moderate Noise