This job posting is no longer active
Ross Video Ltd is a leading manufacturer of equipment used in the Broadcast industry. A successful buyer will have a thorough and deep understanding of the general marketplace that is the source of material inputs and a strong grasp of how this impacts Ross’ overall performance. The buyer must deliver the best total cost of ownership for all purchases; balancing unit price, quality requirements, lot sizes and carrying charges, freight and duty costs, and service levels provided (on time delivery). The buyer will also work closely with manufacturing, production planning and R&D to ensure that Ross internal processes are efficiently yielding the desired results. Time-to-market for new products and security of supply to meet ongoing needs are among the key company deliverables that the buyer will impact.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Develop and manage vendor relationships.
- Procurement of custom made and off-the-shelf materials to meet any of the company’s needs. This includes materials for use in manufacturing Ross equipment, expense items and capital equipment.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of processes to increase departmental efficiency such as MRP Forecast sharing with key vendors
- Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements. Will visit these vendors to ensure accuracy of product and quality of work.
- Solicits and evaluates proposals
- Negotiates the lowest practical total cost balanced with optimum quality and scheduling needs.
- Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Will work with the R&D Lab in the recommendation and selection of suppliers for new products, particularly for custom build-to-drawing commodities.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor Degree or Community College diploma in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Working towards or have PMAC certification would be an asset.
- Advanced skill level with standard office tools (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) and other spreadsheet/database programs
- Demonstrated experience with MRP systems
- Capable of managing several complex tasks at a time
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical staff
- Well-organized, persistent, a “doer”, attentive to details and accuracy
- Excellent leadership, planning, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make decisions based on the company’s best interests
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with several functional areas as well as interact with all levels of management.
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in purchasing with preference to a background in related industry (electronics)
- Knowledge of the Far East markets with current experience in buying from Asian sources would be an asset.
- Experience in the Broadcast industry is an asset
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle for occasional travel to Ottawa location or vendor visits
- Valid Passport for required travel to vendors outside of Canada
Office, Moderate Noise