This job posting is no longer active
The Facilities Team is responsible for designing and maintaining the Ottawa R&D Facilities and providing Facilities services to all Ottawa staff. We are a customer service team with Ross Video staff being our primary customers.
The Facilities Assistant role is a part time position with a focus on monitoring meeting rooms, kitchens, and public areas daily to ensure cleanliness as well as that equipment is in good working order and materials are readily available in meeting rooms. In addition, this person provides support to Reception. Hours of work are Monday to Friday 12:30 to 4:30, may be revised depending on operational needs.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Provide lunch and afternoon break coverage for the main receptionist
- Be available to cover the main receptionist for scheduled leave
- Assist with shipping and receiving if required
- Maintain general cleanliness and organization of the reception area
- Maintain general cleanliness in the meeting rooms, by cleaning up after meetings where meals have been provided, cleaning white boards, chairs and all surfaces
- Ensure meeting room equipment is in place and working, contacting appropriate internal departments to repair equipment as needed
- Ensure meeting rooms are equipment with markers, whiteboard brushes and other material and supplies
- Maintain general cleanliness of all kitchens including cleaning countertops, sinks, fridges, microwaves and other small appliances. This may include coffee and espresso machines.
- Stocking the drink fridges, tea, coffee, other consumables when required
- Refilling dish soap and hand soap in the kitchens only
- Maintain plants that are not under contract with outside contractor
- Develop and maintain a regular schedule for dusting around testing equipment and TV’s
- Develop and maintain a schedule for dusting awards and trophy display shelves
- Tidy business centers and stock paper and office supplies as required
- Monitor building cleanliness and reporting issues to Facilities Manager
- Other duties as required
- Experience in customer service environment is required
- Some proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access and Visio
- Experience assisting with shipping & receiving an asset
- Experience with Reception duties an asset
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Willingness to learn
- Driver's license would be an asset
- Able to lift 25 lbs.
- Light physical exertion required for cleaning
- Office, Moderate Noise