Product Verification Specialist (12 Month Contract)
This job posting is no longer active
POSITION SUMMARY: We are a friendly, hard-working and helpful team of technology experts delivering embedded system solutions, specializing in programmable media networking. Our goal is to unite the best people into a focused, specialist technology firm; one positioned to ensure our customer’s success while your career moves forward, as you learn the latest technologies, tools and processes, while working in a supportive and dynamic environment. This is a 12 month maternity leave replacement contract.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Review the functional specification, user guide and GUI for a new product; extract all the requirements and features; capture these requirements in a test plan database.
- Design a test infrastructure that allows testing of all features.
- Put in requests to purchase test equipment.
- Maintain Product Verification system test lab.
- Design a list of test cases to cover all the new features.
- Book review meetings with the designers to review the plan you came up with.
- Write automation scripts in TCL or Python for the new equipment and features.
- Run the tests and identify any unexpected behaviour.
- Try to isolate any failures and narrow down the root cause, then raise a bug in the tracking system.
- Work with designers to get to the root issue of the bug.
- Automate tests as you go and run regressions on daily device firmware updates.
- Produce reports on the status of the test plan and estimate the time to completion and remaining bugs based on current progress and bug rate.
- Attend bug triages to help set the priority of the bugs found and whether they should gate the products release to the customers.
- Help write the release notes and known issues for the product Brainstorm new ways to improve quality testing and efficiency for the next product
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven experience in testing embedded systems in a lab environment
- Reviewed requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Created detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimated prioritized, planned, and coordinated testing activities
- Designed, developed and executed automation scripts using open source tools Identified, recorded, documented and tracked bugs
- Performed thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Proven working experience in software development and scripting
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience with TCL or Python scripting Experience with FPGA and SoCs
- Ability to read and review hardware schematics
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with ARM multi-processor systems within an embedded Linux environment
- Knowledge of PCI Express, OTN, Ethernet, 10GE, 3G-SDI, and other protocols
- Knowledge of AVB/AVTP, AES67, Audio (MADI, AES, I2S) and Video (4k, h.264) standards
- Familiarity with Timing recovery / Synchronization / PTP
- Understanding of High-speed transceivers, DMA engines, high-performance memory controllers
- Work Environment: Office, Moderate Noise