PCB Layout/Hardware Developer
This job posting is no longer active
We are looking for a new hardware designer with board layout experience to expand the robotics hardware team. It is expected that around 50% of the role will be hardware design and 50% board layout. You will work on a wide range of technologies related to camera motion including our world leading family of robotics. Hardware work is very varied and ranges from power management involving high voltages and currents, to motion control, to analog electronics, to high performance CPU platforms. You will be working with a small and tightly knit team of hardware, mechanical and software engineers and are encouraged to learn about those areas as all three disciplines play together in robotics.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Laying out PCBAs respecting the often conflicting constraints of signal integrity, high density and compliance requirements like safety and EMC
- Working closely with designer and compliance specialist to optimize layout
- Work closely with mechanical team to ensure that board mounting and connectorisation is optimized.
- Develop and control documentation packages suitable for volume manufacturing following Ross Video manufacturing practices, standards, and procedures
- Power, analog and digital circuit design
- Create hardware design specifications including block diagrams
- Schematic capture, circuit simulation, lab debug and design verification
- Prepare test plans, conduct testing on prototypes and generate test reports
- Assist in validating new electrical and electronic components
- Perform other related duties as required
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Keen to learn
- Passionate about subject
- Demonstrated interest in robotics
- Not afraid to admit when wrong or does not know something
- Good trouble shooting skills
- Good documentation skills
- At least 1 year of board layout experience
- Familiarity with techniques for managing high current and high voltage traces in a circuit board
- Some demonstrable experience and keen interest in circuit design
- Familiarity with PADS and/or Allegro is an asset
Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle for occasional travel to Iroquois location
- Office environment with occasional assisted heavy lifting (robots are heavy).
- Office, Moderate noise. Occasional travel will be required, ability to travel required, along with a valid passport.