Inside Sales Representative
The Inside Sales Representative is a key role in the Ross Video Sales Team. They play an active part in helping develop Ross Video’s pipeline for revenue generation through the creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers. They assist the North American Sales Team and are a direct extension of our front line group of regionally based Sales Professionals, helping to work opportunities with both end users and via our authorized business partner network. Inside Sales Representatives exude integrity, drive and passion and exceed business targets through excellent telephone sales and superb communications skills.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales.
- Cold-call prospects.
- Make outbound follow-up contact with existing customers via telephone and e-mail to determine customer satisfaction, cross-sell and up-sell.
- Advises and assists re-sellers, system integrators and clients concerning sales and purchase of Ross Video product line.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, prepare quotes and discuss terms.
- Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process.
- Overcome objections of prospective customers.
- Work collaboratively with regionally based Sales Managers to determine and implement opportunity specific sales approaches.
- Create and escalate qualified opportunities to Regional Sales Managers.
- Ensure follow-through of opportunities by completing requests, documenting activity within the CRM and setting reminders for next steps.
- Forecast sales activities and prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects by entering new customer data and updating changes to existing accounts in the corporate CRM.
- Assist in creating RFP responses.
- Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales activities.
- Assist in coordination and liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Assist in resolution of customer complaints regarding equipment, supplies, and services.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition including reviewing articles in trade publications to keep abreast of technological developments.
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events.
- Ensure the Sales and Marketing of product line follows the Ross Video code of ethics.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Strong practical knowledge of inside sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Experience selling broadcast equipment is an asset
- Familiarity with the key components used in broadcast electronics applications
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Knowledge of use of Ross Video products & willingness to learn to demonstrate
- Excellent listening skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to schedule duties/projects (multi-task)
- Ability to work unsupervised, attention to detail and an evident work ethic
- Desire to constructively contribute to a team environment
- Ability to thrive in stressful situations
- 5 years of direct work experience in a sales or telesales capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals to exceed sales targets.
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control, account development, and time management.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software such as Salesforce.com
- Position is based in the Ottawa office
- Ability to occasionally travel and attend sales events or exhibits.
- Office Environment
- Office, Moderate Noise