HR Operations Specialist
This job posting is no longer active
- The HR Operations Specialist’s duties will include:
- Provide guidance and support on HR policies, programs or processes related to employment legislation and compliance.
- Participate in policy or compliance program delivery including creating and implementing training, tools and communications, ensuring a seamless consistent global implementation where appropriate. T
- hese programs could include but are not limited to: time and leave policies, governmental compliance reporting submissions, internal or external audits, corporate wide policies that include HR subject matter.
- Provide research as requested.
HR Operations & Knowledge Management:
- Provide oversight, support, reporting and analysis for HR specialty programs, ensuring HR standards and governance are applied to all content and deliverables.
- Contribute to overall knowledge management, documentation, associated metrics related to program administration and organization of materials related to HR programs and policies.
- Provide support for consistent development of HR materials. Ensure HR standards and governance applied to all content and deliverables.
- Contribute to overall knowledge management, documentation and organization of materials related to HR programs, policies and processes. HR Prime for all employee facing documentation on company SharePoint site.
HR Program Support:
- Support the implementation of HR programs. Participate in program delivery including creating and implementing training, tools and communications, ensuring a seamless consistent global implementation. These programs could include but are not limited to: annual compensation and incentive programs, performance review cycle, talent management and workforce planning and leadership development training.
Health & Safety:
Responsible for maintaining all health & safety policy, training and records. Monitor, update and communicate the Ross Video Health and Safety Policy Handbook. Update and maintain safety orientation program for all new employees and audit to ensure supervisor compliance. Coordinate and chair JHSC meetings ensuring inspections and minutes are maintained. Perform job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, record keeping, available resources and make recommendations. Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company safety program by all employees and subcontractors. Research, plan, organize and conduct training programs/seminars for supervisors and employees, with regard to WHMIS, H/S Orientation, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid, etc. Coordinate safety and health supplies by ensuring appropriate supplies are identified and purchased in a timely and cost effective manner. Maintain Safety and Health bulletin boards. Investigate accidents thoroughly and effectively, and then respond appropriately as required, including communicating to, training and following up with supervisors and employees.
Assist with special HR projects and initiatives as required. Perform other related duties as required.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in a HR Specialty or support role Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline, HR Certification an asset Ability to develop and deliver relevant, effective HR policies and programs to targeted audiences.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively to various levels of the organization.
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality with a high degree of diplomacy Strong attention to detail & organization skills; ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Solid project management capabilities. General working knowledge of human resources and/or depth in any specific domain of human resources.
- Team-oriented and enjoys working within a collaborative environment
- Positive attitude and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of employment related legislation an asset Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle for required travel to Iroquois location
Physical Demands & Work Environment: Office environment – Located in Ottawa or Iroquois