Software Developer, Robotics
This job posting is no longer active
We are looking for a new software developer to expand the robotics software team. Software work in robotics goes right from bare metal up to GUI. You will be working with a small and tightly knit team of hardware, mechanical and software engineers and are encouraged to learn about those areas as all three disciplines play together in robotics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with R&D developers in Ottawa, California and Brussels to design, write, edit, and test software as per the specifications or guidelines. This will include writing and reviewing documentation related to the code, including requirements documents, design documents and test documents.
- Become an expert in Ross Robotics products. This expertise will be gained through a review of the current documentation and code, direct contact with the product itself and working with the other team members.
- Firmware covers all firmware in the Robotics product portfolio including Furio robotic head (RC and ROBO versions) firmware, CamBot robotic head firmware and joystick firmware.
- Act as an occasional trainer/field support for existing and potential customers on an as required basis in a professional manner.
- Advise and make recommendations to management on matters relating to software development, to provide them with an improved basis for decision making and planning. This would include suggestions around code refactoring.
- Respond to internal issues regarding software as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience preferred
- Demonstrated interest and practical experience in robotics
- Good C and C++ coding skills
- Knowledge of motion control and mechanical design
- Some knowledge of real time systems
- Knowledge of low level code and hardware, IDE, debuggers and Linux
- Knowledge of physics as relates to linear and circular motion
- Knowledge of CAN bus and CANOpen protocol
- Familiar with control theory and systems
- Organized and detail orientated
- Self-starter, quick learner and detail orientated
- Knowledge of video production would an asset
- Experience with test-driven development would be considered an asset
Valid Driver’s License
Office environment with occasional assisted heavy lifting
Office, Moderate Noise.