Senior Software Developer
This job posting is no longer active
Develop Software for Video Production and Sports Instant Replay Servers within a fast paced Silicon Valley environment. Successful candidate will be independent and able to conceive and develop full products, not just modules. Primarily Windows/Qt environment with potentially some kernel mode driver and Linux components.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with R&D developers to design, write, edit, and test software coding as per the specifications or guidelines.
- Become an expert in Ross Video products. This expertise will be gained through a review of the current documentation, direct contact with the products themselves and working with the technical personnel.
- Act as an occasional trainer for existing and potential customers on an as required basis. Advise and make recommendations to management on matters relating to software. development, to provide them with an improved basis for decision making and planning. Customer contact as required in a professional manner.
- Respond to internal issues regarding software as assigned.
- Assist in training other staff members. Perform other related duties as required.
- Strong C++ coding skills
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or in a related area with appropriate experience.
- Knowledge of television production would be very useful. Knowledge of low level and/or real time programming would be an asset. Strong interpersonal and observational skills.
- Organized and very detail orientated. Self-starter, quick learner and can work with minimum supervision in meeting schedules and project deadlines.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team Previous experience working in a development group is an asset.
- Physical Demands: Office Environment
- Work Environment: Office, Moderate Noise