Demonstration & Tradeshow Equipment Specialist
This job posting is no longer active
The Demonstration & Tradeshow Equipment (DTE) Specialist is an integral part of the Ross Video Sales Operations organization. Their primary responsibility is the hands on designing, building and testing of equipment configurations used for customer product demonstrations, tradeshows, proof of concepts, and other regional marketing events. They partner with Ross Video’s Marketing teams in order to ensure that the company’s solution and value proposition is communicated appropriately in all engagements. They work closely with Ross Video’s Sales teams to deliver a superior customer demonstration experience. DTE Specialists exude integrity, drive and passion while demonstrating a high level of technical aptitude as well as superior time management and organizational skills.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Maintain a library of current sales and technical information on Ross products
- Maintain a library of technical drawings related to Demo kits.
- Maintenance and distribution of content related to the presentation of the Demo equipment. This content is to distributed and used by the Demo Artist & training team and DTE for presentation purposes.
- Build and maintain Demo kits to be shipped around the world including:
- Racking equipment based on provided elevations
- Wire and label equipment based on engineering documentation
- Complete checklists on all items required to ship.
- Work with Manager, Demonstration & Tradeshow Equipment to coordinate schedules. Set-up and test demo systems at local and remote locations
- Setup systems based on actual onsite requirements including cable runs, peripheral equipment etc.
- Partners with Ross Video’s Product Marketing teams in an effort to continually
improve upon the company’s demonstration experience for our customers. This
includes, but is not limited to changes to new content development, improvements
to processes, services and workflows
- Keeping a clean, safe and organized work environment
- Interpret Broadcast Engineering drawings to configure.
- Terminate and build custom cables including, but not limited, to BNC, network, XLR etc.
- Operational experience and device configuration of Ross broadcast equipment considered an asset
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Electronics Technical Diploma or 2 years of Television Broadcast / Video Experience
- Additional education in related fields and/or computer courses taken are considered to be strong assets
- A general understanding of video production for various vertical markets as well an understanding of Ross Video's products is also considered to be assets.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Visio.
- Valid Driver’s License and Passport
- Willingness to accept new challenges
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Must be able to work with a team as well as independently
- Able to work on multiple on-going projects
- Possesses good phone etiquette and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively function in a fast-paced environment
- Identified problem solving skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Office Environment
- Required to set-up equipment – involves lifting up to 50 lbs, reaching, bending, stooping, etc.
- Office (primary), moderate noise
- Some travel required
- Willing to Travel approximately 25% of the time
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driver’s License