This job posting is no longer active
The Facilities Team is responsible for designing and maintaining the Ottawa R&D Facilities and providing Facilities services to all Ottawa staff. We are a customer service team with Ross Video staff being our primary customers. The main focus of the Receptionist is to serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately, notifying company personnel of visitor arrivals, and maintaining security and telecommunications system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure customers obtain a Superior Customer Experience, and identify areas for improvement with the customer experience Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; providing instructions.
- Facilitate courier drop-offs and pickups Coordinate inter-office mail transfer Distribute all incoming mail Record in-bound and out-bound inventory transfers.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for house phone and console operation. Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Supply Management Maintain general cleanliness and organization of reception area, Assist with procurement of consumables such as corporately-funded lunchroom supplies and drinks, general office supplies.
- Coordinate catering for internal staff requirements (not customer visits) Prepares correspondence, expense reports, purchase orders and other documents when necessary.
- Assist with sourcing, ordering equipment as required Assist as required to keep all facilities databases updated Other duties as required.
- Post secondary education in a relevant field ie communications, media relations.
- Experience in customer service environment is required Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access and Visio is required
- Working knowledge of databases is required.
- Experience assisting with shipping & receiving an asset
- Other: Telephone Skills, Verbal Communication, Listening, Professionalism, Organization, Informing Others, Handles Pressure, Phone Skills, Supply Management Willingness to learn Driver’s license would be an asset.
- Physical Demands: Office Environment Work Environment: Office, Moderate Noise