Test Development Technologist
This job posting is no longer active
Reporting to the Test Development Manager, the successful candidate will work collaboratively to develop automated test suites to ensure extensive test coverage using scripting and programming languages. From the PCBA to the system level, these test suites will be deployed to the various test stages within the manufacturing facility for product verification, configuration, and data collection. This position is located at our Manufacturing and Test facility in Iroquois, ON.
WHAT YOU KNOW, WHAT YOU BRING
- Post-Secondary Education in Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years in test automation development.
- Experience with scripting languages such as AutoIt, TCL, or equivalent.
- Experience with programming languages such as C, C++ or equivalent.
- Understanding and hands-on experience with databases and SQL.
- Must have strong verbal, written and documentation skills with experience developing and presenting to peers and other manufacturing personnel reliant on said documentation.
WHO YOU ARE
- You enjoy new technical challenges, and are excited at the prospect of using your strong programming skills to automate tests in various Ross Video products, applying innovative automation approaches that will have a direct impact on production efficiency and product quality. You embrace change. Ross is where you want to be. We release new products and features regularly.
- You are passionate about testing and developing tests with automated tools, with a focus on thoroughness and efficiency, to ensure a superior customer experience upon receipt.
- You like people. For you to get the job done right, interaction with all levels of the organization is paramount and expected. You seek guidance and knowledge from some while supporting others who need your help or advice.
- You love learning new stuff. You know how to ask questions - and how to listen to answers. You absorb knowledge like a sponge and share these discoveries.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Will contribute as an integral part of the Test Development team responsible for designing, developing and implementing test tools, processes and procedures for all product lines and levels of test and verification.
- In collaboration and consultation with the Test Development Team and R&D, establish test plans which focus on hardware validation maximized by using developed tools and other test and measurement equipment under varying use environments for a wide variety of product designs and technologies to ensure product meets expected quality and specifications. Test levels include PCBA, sub-system, and system. The goals include test consistency, accuracy, thoroughness, speed, and reuse/adaptation of test tool designs.
- Create, transfer, and maintain test requirements (procedures) for technical and non-technical personnel on the production floor. Provide supporting documentation and tools to help facilitate debugging for production technical teams.
- Integration and validation of new product test tools used by R&D and other TD team members.
- Document and support release for use by others within the Test Development and Manufacturing groups.
- Perform other related duties as required.