Junior Software Developer
This job posting is no longer active
The ideal candidate will work with the software team to create world-leading next generation broadcast video processing technology. He/she will also work closely with the hardware designers to participate in the improvement of existing product and help to diagnose and resolve customer issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the design and implementation of application software powering state of the art embedded systems.
- Works closely with Hardware Designers to ensure appropriate hardware/software interface and design partitioning (e.g. through hardware design reviews).
- Design, develop and/or review architected modules and software system supporting new technology or improving capability/performance of existing products.
- Implement in C a driver that controls a hardware accelerator to perform color correction for high dynamic range video.
- Work with an FPGA designer to help debug a lab issue and create code to help gather additional telemetry and status information.
- Participate in a design/code review of a field system update software and provide your feedback on how to better handle a fault condition.
- Review test coverage strategy and provide feedback to further improve coverage to the product verification team.
- Document an API documentation to support integration with another software team.
- Design a thread safe register interface module for a high speed register interface.
- Participate to a daily scrum meeting and work with team members afterward to resolve a blocking integration issue.
- Discuss implementation of a new customer requested feature with the marketing team and technical product manager.
- Work with the project manager to generate a project work break down with time estimates for each of your tasks.
- Help maintain the Linux R&D build server and create a script to add a new feature to our build automation flow.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Experienced with C and C++
- Possess experience developing under Linux with GNU tool chain.
- Experience working with scripted tool flow (tcl, perl, sh), source control.
- Experience working with lab equipment to debug complex designs that could involve multiple people.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking including familiarity with UDP, TCP, HTTP, FTP, SLP, Zerconf.
- Knowledge of software design for embedded system with a mix of application, library and driver development is an asset.
- Valid Driver's Licsense and access to a vehicle for occasional travel to Iroquois location
Office, Moderate noise.